Contituation of the Versatility thread

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,165Gear list
Like?
Re: What has this got to do with his argument
In reply to danijel973, Apr 6, 2013

I am not saying he is correct at all. I disagree with him on most points. I have shot with DSLRs, can shoot with D800E (it is not mine) and have GH2 and EPL5. Ok?

His points are:

Mirrorless and other format :

"1) Lack the AF speed - not suitable for sports, moving people etc.

2) Not as good in low light

3) No optical viewfinder, awkward holding style with longer lenses, more prone to handshake.

4) less shots per battery charge. Not many offer battery pack.

5) Not good enough flash system.

6) Thin DOF not possible in situations when you need it.

7) Less external controls, less mature menu navigation, lots of fluff and gimmicks to selling to new photo enthusiasts.

8) High on novelty factor rather than practicality. Like manual focus by wire, instead of real manual focus. Its like the ridiculous semi-manual option in some automatic cars to advertise to manual car enthusiasts who are looking for a real manual gear. Just a gimmick.

9) More expensive than DX or APS-C cameras and much more ridiculously expensive external viewfinder attachments ( and other assorted nonsense items with no standardized connections yet) going into couple of hundreds of dollars, while you get a free optical viewfinder with the DX which is miles better anyway.

10) Being smaller with low power electronics/processor, smaller buffer etc, these cameras will usually be slow in operation, slow to focus, lot of shutter lag, cumbersome to change settings on the fly."

Whether correct or not, there is no point in bringing up his skills or lack of them in order to answer this. You can simply repsond to the points raised without getting ad hominem. If he is so incorrect, you can demonstrate this by coming up with evidence per point raised. Saying what he can or can't does not answer any question here I think.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow