What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,076Gear list
Like?
Oke, so here are some examples of EPL5
In reply to JamieTux, Apr 6, 2013

As there have been more discussions about this the last few days on various parts of the forum I took my EPL5 and the 45 m 1.8 out. Because it was the first real springlike weather here (althought there is still snow on the ground). Almost 10 C. EPl5 was set to 3 fps and AF Tracking. 8 FPS can be done, but it won't track.

The car was speeding from 20 to about 40-50 km/h I guestimate.

Motorcycle was pretty constant at 30-40 I think. I have some other examples and have to say it was doing pretty well actually. Sometimes one or two out of 8-9 frames were out of focus. The light was reasonably good, which helps. In winter the light is rarely good enough so in the dark I think it won't be as good...

I have the EVF3, but I shot this from the screen. Didn't carry the EVF with me.

Also, these are the JPEGs straight out of the cam. I shot LF (Large File) JPEG and RAw combined. After 15-16 shots the cam slowed down. I think without RAW it would have been better but 15 frames with a 3 FPS rate is not to bad..

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow