Anyone jump ship to the D7100 yet?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
MisterPootieCat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,988Gear list
Like?
Faithful Picture Style
In reply to Scott Eaton, Apr 6, 2013

There are a few tools available to prevent blowing out the red channel. One would be proper use of the RGB histogram to minimize overexposing the reds, another would be to use the Faithful Picture Style. I find using just these two features eliminate any advantages of switching to Nikon bodies.

In real world shooting I just don't see the Canon sensor as being hopelessly crippled. There are times when I'm shooting bright red flowers or berries and simply switch to the Faithful PS and monitor the histogram. And I rarely see much discussion of Canon sensors mangling flesh tones. I do see Nikon owners complaining about a green cast in portraits though.

When I download and view the DPR RAW studio shots it looks like the red channel is a bit too far to the right for my tastes, and switching the PS puts everything back where it should be.

YMMW.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Ha!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow