ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
otismalibu
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
FZ150 - Novice Tips
Apr 6, 2013

First post.

Going on a trip and wanted something that could take better pics than my little Canon PowerShot. Started doing some searches and found myself leaning to the FZ200. After finding a thread on this forum that compared FZ150 pics to FZ200 pics, I figured I'd look for a used FZ150. Found one on CL for $225 shipped. A little cheaper than the FZ200s I was looking at.

Hopefully, I can maybe grow into this camera, but realistically I'll probably shoot most everything on the trip in iA mode and perhaps spin the wheel to scenery too. I would guess that 75% of my shots will be outdoor.

I've picked up a backup battery, extra SD cards, case, lens cleaning supplies, etc. I've watched the Graham H. video on iA settings and feel comfortable with that.

I'm just curious if anyone has any basic tips that might help a novice, even though I'll be letting the camera do all the thinking. And how important is a tripod for this type of camera? I have one of those little 5" travel tripods and would rather not bring anything larger. I've taken quite a few indoor pics (no flash), just goofing around and notice one has to have a pretty steady hand to get a clear pic. I'm assuming outdoor pics with plenty of light will be more forgiving.

Thanks,

Greg

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow