Olympus E-300 Best Macro equipment/results on a budget

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Danielvr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,738Gear list
Like?
Reverse ring
In reply to garyroxene, Apr 6, 2013

I have the 3-300 w/ Zuiko 14-45 & 40-150 and want to know what the best budget Macro shooting scenario /  lens or tube .. My knowledge of macro lenses is minimal except that they are the more expensive route and I am dirt poor at the present so it appears that a tube/tubes are the path or least financial resistance.

The cheapest (~$3) option would probably be a reverse ring. You screw it to the filter thread of your lens (so get the right diameter) and mount it to your camera body. You'll usually have to focus by moving to or from your object. It's best to use the ring with high quality manual lenses (eg an old 50mm that you may still have laying around) that have an aperture ring so you can set the aperture for greater depth of field.
For a current selection of reverse rings on eBay see http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cameras-Photo-/625/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=olympus+reverse+ring

Danielvr's gear list:Danielvr's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow