how to avoid shadows under the eyes using the bounce mode?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,650Gear list
Like?
Re: Make a diy white bounce fill card.
In reply to Yaamon, Apr 6, 2013

Yaamon wrote:

If you bounce the flash straight up and you are close to your subjects within 3 feet you will tend to get  to get that.

The 580ex+ has a white card that you can pull up and that will help with the eye shadow. You can cut a small piece of white card board type paper and use a rubber band to hold it on your 430 flash to create the fill.

I know about the card but I never bounce strait up. I reverse bounce. If I were to bounce up/forward I'd make sure the angle of the reflected light was no less than 90 degrees (or around there) and use the Black Foamie Thing. If I can help it I try to keep all spill from the flash off the subject. Reverse wastes a bit of light but is easier to work with.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900-s&va=black+foamie+thing

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow