Contituation of the Versatility thread

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
FoolyCooly
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Re: Preaching to chior, Mirrorless people will never accept this.
In reply to Richard, Apr 6, 2013

Richard wrote:

vzlnc wrote:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/versatile

versatile: turning with ease from one thing to another.

Everyone knows that FF is more versatile, but the mirrorless people will not agree, they feel the need to justify their purchase. A phone camera may be good enough, a mirrorless may  be good enough for your application but you give up versatility for size and portability but no mirrorless person would ever admit that.

No pro in his right mind would choose mirrorless unless there was an overwhelming need to have a smaller camera because he knows the FF will get better image, have better noise control, better featuers and lenses. But mirrorless people cannot accept this. So why bring it up to them and remind them they have an inferior camera, their only response will be to dispute you with some dumb argument and then go back to it is smaller. Not worth the time.

Have a look- an entire wedding done with a mirrorless camera... (an E-PL5). Many of you would struggle to get images this good with any camera. *Some of you may be much better.*

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2012/09/olympus-pen-e-pl5-review-nigel-kel-lis.html

As far as being a "mirrorless person". I'm actually not. I have no alliance to any brand or maker. I own or have owned DSLRs from Canon, Nikon, Fuji and Olympus. I stand behind my opinion that a SMALL GOOD camera is more versatile simply because it will go more places than a DSLR (in my hands). In the case of MFT bodies, I believe they are the perfect balance of capability and size.

You kids keep screaming DOF DOF DOF. Short DOF is possible with mirrorless. With care and the right lenses you can get pleasing background blur. You're not going to do it with a wide consumer zoom but it can be done.

FoolyCooly's gear list:FoolyCooly's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow