Like?
Re: What's so special (if anything)?
In reply to DS21, Apr 6, 2013

DS21 wrote:

Nukunukoo wrote:

DS21 wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

Nukunukoo wrote:

While I do agree that it probably lacks the "wow" factor. They do show the general tonal and DR characteristics you would expect from a higher-end camera. As an LX7 owner, what I can tell you is what is not shown in these pictures, and that is the ability of the camera to resolve details in the shadows better than the cameras you mention (not sure on the P7700 nor the G15 since I have not had any experience with that particular model, but my argument my still be valid with those.).

But X20 with its XTrans sensor is really good in resolving details in the shadows!

And where are the shadows in these blazing sunshine photos???

Honestly, that's your reply? As an actual user, do you think I was referring only to those photos? I respectfully ask that you put more wider relevance, instead of hand picking examples... much appreciated.

FYI, shadows occur in almost all photographs even with the pictures above. Some clientele would ask to raise the dark (shadow) areas to boost the details and textures underneath for printing. The real problem is that with many non-DSLRs, this would be a problem, where every type of noise lurks!

Even the light dodged areas in the above pictures contain shadows that could be raised to show more of the details. This does not necessarily decrease the overall contrast of the scene but again can be useful for many applications such as conversion to black and white, vectorization or printing.

It's really irrelevant here what you were referring to, I asked the original poster of the images where are the shadows that show that great X-Trans shadow detail capacity in his examples. I respectfully ask you to pay attention to whom you are replying, it's not that hard.

Noted. My bad. But my shadow explanation still IS relevant.

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow