Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 16,803Gear list
Like?
Re: Because if you are not...
In reply to DElliott, Apr 6, 2013

DElliott wrote:

tedolf wrote:

DElliott wrote:

sigala1 wrote:

If you want to be a wedding photographer, maybe you are better off investing in a Canon 6D.

But if you already own an E-M5 or something like that, it's cheaper to just buy the Panasonic 35-100 instead of buying a whole new system.

Why does one need to be a wedding photographer to possibly enjoy and benefit from a fast zoom lens?

a wedding photographer/videographer you can just change lenses.

Tedolph

Please.  As if wedding photographers are the only people in the world who don't have time to change lenses.  And even if sufficient time is available, there are some who simply don't wish to change lenses frequently,

Well, if someone is so lazy that they can't be bothered to change a lens and are willing to pay a $1,000.00 premuim and an IQ penalty I say let 'em!

or, due to using Panasonic bodies, would benefit from image stabilization.

And as for fast vs. slow zooms, the slow zooms don't cut it for most indoor shots, even with flash.

Off camera flash works pretty good

If I had the 12-35 f2.8, I'd often use it indoors with the FL-600R.

Najinsky, I'm right there with you.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow