D600 vs D800

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 23,302
Robin

Robin, why not do a simple resampling using PS CS6? I routinely take 12mp images to 16" x 24" and they look VERY sharp. Maybe use Genuine Fractals if you can't resample with CS6 (or 3, or 4, or 5). Your Epson 7800 will love you for it - and yes. I agree, 240 ppi is a great way to go with the Epson. Remember when the D3x was THE camera? I have seen many stunning and huge pro prints fro this 24mp camera.

Robin Casady wrote:

Istvan Lorincz wrote:

Is the 24 Mp really not enough for a photographer?...

About printing: I own a D-Lab.3 and can see the printing limits of the 300dpi. Not even Noritsu or Fuji is able to bring this 36Mp resolution with their 420dpi to print.

I own an Epson 7800. An optimal printing resolution is 240 ppi. That produces an image that is approximately 20x30" from a D800E file without any cropping. The printer will print 24" wide at whatever length. I've been doing some 20x30" gallery wraps that required a 22.5" x 33.5" image. I could use more than the 36 MP my D800E puts out.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
mpe
(unknown member)
eNo
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow