I modified a 38xx I-refill cartridge ...

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
JJ Winkel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,387
Like?
Re: I modified a 38xx I-refill cartridge ...
In reply to HotArt, Apr 6, 2013

HotArt wrote:

This looks like a great idea.
Have you considered cutting the cartridge to the same size as the orginal, while using a smaller diam. fill hole & plug in order to be able to close the printer's cover completely?

Well cutting the cart to the same size as the OEM ones would have been like using the 80 ml refillable ones with only the benefit of the better valve, but then it would have been necessary to reduce the tube to the internal air filter and give up the nicer and larger refill plug too.

The small protrusion doesn't bother me really as long as I can almost close the cover to keep the carts shielded from direct sunlight, and it is nice to see the ink levels at a glance.

Also, have you tried it with ink for a number of days to make sure every thing holds up when the modified cartridge is pressurized?

Not yet as I actually have not yet glued the backplate, still waiting for some more comments, but I will for sure and let you know.

-- hide signature --

JJ.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow