Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Southworth
Regular MemberPosts: 363Gear list
Like?
F900EXR - I'm in love
Apr 6, 2013

Amazon prime is dangerous, free two day shipping and cheap ($4) one day ship.  Thursday I read that Adobe and Fujifilm had jumped into bed together, and being primarily a raw shooter type that was all the push required, pulled the trigger and Friday started taking pictures with my blue (it was a few dollars cheaper than the black) F900EXR.

I am the owner of a S100, G15 and ZS15, as well as some m43 gear, used to be heavy into Nikon DSLRs.  This little Fuji compact packs more into less than any other camera I've owned.  I have it set up whereby EXR and P mode are more or less equivalent, except I get 8mp 13mb raws from EXR and 16mp 26mb raws from P.

The noise is very well controlled, for both raw and jpg (light touch on NR for high ISO jpg), IS works well IMO at long focal lengths, color is good, and wonderfully ACR accepts both size raws and produces good results.

I'm not much into video, but full HD at 60fps seems ok, and even the pano mode is cute.  Grab one of these little gems, I checked out several pocket long zooms and this is easily the best I've found.

Richard Southworth

Richard Southworth's gear list:Richard Southworth's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow