Lightroom edits using both PC and Mac

Started Apr 6, 2013 | Questions thread
Deji
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom edits using both PC and Mac
In reply to Larry Paris, Apr 6, 2013

Larry Paris wrote:

I take my MBP on the road along with an 256G Lacie external drive with a thunderbolt port for the MBP.  The Lacie also has a USB port.  I download my photos from my camera through my MBP to the Lacie where I import them into Lightroom.  I edit the photos on the road and I save all changes to the Lacie.  When I get home I plug the Lacie into my Desktop (I have an iMac) and import them into Lightroom with edits intact.  You will plug in the USB into your PC through the USB port, import your edited photos into Lightroom, and Lightroom will automatically create previews of each photo and save them to your Lightroom catalog.

-- hide signature --

Larry from Chilliwack

Thanks for the response Larry. So essentially, import your "road" catalogue into your "home" catalogue, right?
Have you ever transferred a portion (or all of) your "home" catalogue to the Lacie, done edits on some of its images and added more images while you're on the road and then seamlessly re-imported all of the changes into the "home" catalogue?

Do you know if moving catalogues between a Mac and PC will raise any file-format issues?

Appreciate any comments.

-- hide signature --

Deji

Deji's gear list:Deji's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow