Contituation of the Versatility thread

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,024Gear list
Like?
You are generalising a lot.
In reply to vzlnc, Apr 6, 2013

Listen, I agree that trying to compare good PDAF for focus tracking ot the current PDAF on some mirrorless cams or some CDAF on some other is abit useless. The good DSLRs are better.

However you can read in reviews that at least GH3 and I think OM-D too, let alone Nikon1, are comparable for action shooting like midrange DSLRs. Not my words, just the reviews. I have shot AF tracking with my EPL5. I am not going to compare this to a good DSLR, but it does reasonably well. It is not as black and white as you make it out to be and in my experience also not as good as others try to claim.

For kids etc: with NEx6, Nikon1, EPL5, OM-D and Gh3 (and even my GH2 to some extend) can do that. BIF: it is not impossible, it is just not as good. I have shot BIF with my Gh2. With some practice it is reasonable.

Now, for any other focussing just tap the screen and it focusses on the subject and shoots instantly. The hitrate is very high, probably the highest out there. My sis has the D7000 and had lots of focussing issues.

Also I have the GH2. It is fine with the 100-300 mm lens on it. That lens only weighs 500 grams.

For the sake of arguing people tend to put things in homogenous groups where the things tey talk about are rather heterogenous. And EPL5 is  quite different from a GH3 or GH2.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow