Where will all the cameras go?

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alexandrite
Regular MemberPosts: 133Gear list
Like?
Re: Where will all the cameras go?
In reply to jrg, Apr 6, 2013

I also have a shelf of camera fame.

On it are: Smena 8M (my first camera ever), Canon AE-1 Program (got me through photography classes at art college), FED-1 (Russian rangefinder Leica clone, got it on Ebay for its sheer awesomeness), and my dear Panasonic FZ50.
First digital camera in the family was Olympus C-720 UZ, but it's not on the shelf, it's being used by my grandfather.

Currently using Pana G5.

Ok it's a SMALL shelf of camera fame, because I'm one of those that doesn't upgrade for several years, but I still have all of the cameras I've ever used. (except my grandfather's one of course, but I am glad to see it being used).

I work at a canvas printing shop and see photos from all kinds of cameras. Sometimes I have a look in Photoshop's File Info just to see what kind of camera took the shot I am processing for a client. Just the other day I saw a photo submitted from an Olympus C-720! Made me smile. That customer and I had a nice nostalgic chat about that lovely camera, haha.

-- hide signature --
 Alexandrite's gear list:Alexandrite's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow