Newbie questions. looking at Panny G5? Please help me out

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alexandrite
Regular MemberPosts: 133Gear list
Like?
Re: Newbie questions. looking at Panny G5? Please help me out
In reply to themaverick, Apr 6, 2013

I graduated from the Panasonic FZ50 to the G5, as I wanted something that handles just like a DSLR, but smaller size. The G5 is a thoroughly enjoyable camera! I love it to bits.

You may enjoy the FZ200, too, but it depends on how you like to take photos.

Why not go to the store and handle both cameras? See how they FEEL in your hands - see which one you like the size and weight of - whether you like the zoom toggle or, like me, prefer the zoom ring and focus control to be on the lens?  (Personally, the toggle zoom lever of the FZ200 drives me crazy.)  Trying different cameras really will decide whether a camera will make you want to take it with you, or leave it on the shelf.

I got my G5 with the two kit lenses - they're not the greatest, but they're not bad at all. I then got the 100-300mm lens for wildlife photography. You may find that the 45-150mm kit lens suits your purposes, it has a decent zoom. The quality of photos from the G5 is fantastic, you can easily crop the images closer.

If you do choose the G5 - enjoy it! I LOVE it.

-- hide signature --
 Alexandrite's gear list:Alexandrite's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow