Started Apr 5, 2013 | User reviews thread
Andrea Crema
Contributing MemberPosts: 708Gear list
Like?
Re: My bad luck with latest D800E’s
In reply to skmadapatu, Apr 6, 2013

skmadapatu wrote:

Andrea Crema wrote:

Someone mentioned that Nikon might be selling refurbs as new. Surely they wouldn't do that?

I prefer not to speculate without the facts and tarnish the reputation of a ~100 year old great organization (founded in 1917) that too on its technologically breakthrough & affordable product (I admire them for taking the courage to launch the BLEEDING edge product - which Sony is still not dare to do even after an year).  I can understand it may not practical & financially a hara-kiri to sell all those returned D800's - it will flood the market. Even if they do, my only expectation is thorough quality check on its re-furbished products before delivering to sensitive markets (especially west).

At this point I don't care (brand new or fixed refurb) as long as the one I get on Monday works okay. Unfortunately it is coming again from the same lot/warehouse in TN (or nearby) where from I received last  D800E's - my hopes are low (I had requested Amazon to ship it from different location/lot - I was told computer picks it).

>>DateTimeLocationEvent Details

April 6, 201312:36:00 AMMemphis TN USShipment received by carrier

April 5, 201306:38:00 PMUSShipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier<<

My current one is acting crazy again - the 70-200's LV&VF is not focusing at all (worked for couple of hours earlier this evening). Hope it will work in the morning for the celebration:(

I would have thought any returns would be sold as refurb and not new. If this is not the case, then technically that would be fraud.

Andrea Crema's gear list:Andrea Crema's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow