macbook pro with retina?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Questions thread
Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,020
Like?
Re: macbook pro with retina?
In reply to Dan_168, Apr 6, 2013

Dan_168 wrote:

With that being said, I think that MBP Ratina worth every penny, not to mention how much more smoother that is when playing HD video files from my D800 and 5D2 files on the MBP. And I replaced my Lenovo desktop in Jan with the new 2013 iMac 27' and loaded up with 32GB RAM and 2GB video RAM and it works great too. I didn't miss my PC for a second, I also like the Mac OS a lot better than Windows, much simpler and easier to work with, all the magic mouse and magic pad stuffs makes it so much faster to work with, now I am just waiting for the new generation 27 inch Anti-Glare stand alone Apple monitor to come out so I can go back to the dual monitor set up, kind of painful to work with just one after so used to 2 and 3 monitors, I have been using 2 at home and 3 at work.

You can use the 27" iMac as a "dumb monitor" for the Retina MBP.  You need a Thunderbolt cable (not a MiniDisplayPort one) to use a 2012 iMac in this way.  I think that Command + F2 is the key combination to type on the "dumb monitor" machine to enter and exit the mode.

Thunderbolt ports and displays: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow