Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
birdseed007
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Frustrating lack of news
Apr 6, 2013

I don't think I'm alone in being frustrated by the lack of any kind of news from Pentax re: their new DSLR line.  I've been holding off upgrading my Ist DS for a modern DSLR for some months now.  I don't really care about full frame because chances are I won't be able to afford it but I do care about the fact that both the Nikon D7100 and Canon EOS 60D have higher pixel counts and better video options.

I've used Pentax exclusively since 1980.  The only part of my system that would be expensive to replace would be my Tokina 80-400 AT-X telephoto lens so while I am keen to support the brand I am having to start considering alternatives.  My Daughter is 8 and I'm missing precious videos and pictures that I could be shooting (The Pentax Ist DS flash is on the blink, it's not great indoors in low light and has no image stab either).

I'm going to visit a camera shop today and handle the K5ii, the EOS60D and the D7000/D7100 - it should be interesting.  I'd be interested in the views of anyone else who has done such a comparison.

Truth is I simply don't have the money to upgrade again in a year or two - so what I buy now has to be as future proof and capable as possible for the money.

I really do think it would be in Pentax interests to indicate when they expect to announce their next body.  It's what lots of tech companies do in order to generate excitement in advance of a launch - Apple etc.  It would also enable those of us in the market to plan accordingly.

Saxon

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow