Fujifilm better than sony?

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
lowincash
Contributing MemberPosts: 712
Like?
Re: Fujifilm better than sony?
In reply to thenewcameraguy, Apr 6, 2013

thenewcameraguy wrote:

Went to a camera Store today they don't carry nikon or sony but every other brands. The sales guy showed me X-E1 Fuji and he said it's better than nex 6 and it competes with nex 7 and beats nex 7 and I also went to Sony store to see the Nex 6 and 7. Do you guys think Fuji X-E1 competes with nex 7 and it's better? I know Fuji is expensive than both nex so does that makes it better? And the sales guy also told me sony has 5 lenses and they won't release more lens after Thier full frame nex. Is that True? I don't want to buy nex cameras and be stuck with 5 lenses. Either way if I end up with nex I will only have 3 lenses the most. If the sales guy statements are true I'll get Fuji. Please share what you guys think?

I do think the images from Fuji are better than the Sony ones. However, the Sony NEX system is so versatile. By getting a LA-EA2 adapter and a fast alpha lens, it turns the NEX into a fast DSLR with great IQ. It's like having 2 cameras in one

I have a NEX6 right now and was going to get a used X-E1 with the kit 18-55 lens as a second camera and just use the NEX for manual lenses since it has focus peaking. I really like the Fuji cameras and their great image quality but in the end, I've decided to get the LA-EA2 adapter and the SAL1650 lens for those times where I need fast AF especially indoors. One of the reasons I wanted the X-E1 was because their 18-55 kit lens is pretty fast (f2.8-4) but after trying it at the store I still wasn't satisfy with their so so AF speed. Now by getting the EA2 adapter I'm able to do what the Fuji can't =]

I've went back and forth for a long time, even putting my NEX6 on craigslist for sale to get the Fuji. I'm glad the sale didn't go through. I've went back and forth with so many different camera systems, I've finally decided to stick with the NEX =]

-- hide signature --

I only shoot JPEG =]

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow