Started Apr 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darkwings
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
GPS logger and geotagging question
Apr 6, 2013

I will be traveling out of the country for 2 weeks and would love to be able to geotag my photos. I've read through quite a few threads regarding geotagging however none of them address my particular problem.

• I will be gone for 2 weeks.
  • I will not have a cell phone (my phone does not work out of the country)
  • I will not have a PC
  • I will have an Android tablet. It is WiFi only and I will not be carrying it with me every day. It'll probably be stashed in the hotel most of the time.

Therefore I cannot upload the data from the GPS tracking device every day.  Of all the standalone GPS units I've seen, they all seem to expect the data to be uploaded daily.

So I need a GPS logger that can hold 2 weeks worth of data. Or I need one that will allow me to upload the data file from the logger to my Android tablet periodically and later be able to use the uploaded files to tag the photos (which can be done on my Windows 7 PC after I return home).

And I need a way to recharge the GPS logger via an A/C outlet, preferably with my micro-USB cellphone charger. I'd prefer not to drag around a suitcase full of AAA batteries.

Alternatively, it would be nice if there is a way to tag the photos which are on the SD card with the GPS data without using a PC.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Olympus PEN E-PM1

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow