Started Apr 6, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deji
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Lightroom edits using both PC and Mac
Apr 6, 2013

I'll soon be getting a 15" MacBook Pro to replace a derelict Dell laptop. I'm looking for help with using Lightroom 4 seamlessly with the MBP and my Win 7 desktop (which I love for editing because of its dual-monitor setup).

In the coming months, I will be traveling often with the MBP and taking substantial numbers of photographs.

I would appreciate your help with organising my storage and workflow on the road and (most importantly) when I return home.

Can I copy the current catalogue and image files from the Win 7 desktop's HDD to a USB 3 external drive then take the external drive on the road, hook it up to the MBP add images files, freely edit all these files AND finally, when I return home, hook it back up to the Windows machine and continue my editing?

Are there file format issues which will prevent me from moving this drive back and forth as I've described above? Is there another way to achieve what I want? Or do I have no alternative but to buy virtualisation software, install Windows 7 and run LR4 in Windows?

Thank you for your help.

-- hide signature --

Deji

Deji's gear list:Deji's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +16 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow