Hand-holding the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II near 300mm

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,732Gear list
Like?
Teleconverters....
In reply to FrankParis, Apr 6, 2013

FrankParis wrote:

I had all that with my Nikon gear. It was one of my favorite lenses and I used it quite a bit with my D2x. Wasn't too impress with the 2x extender, however. The 1.4 produced no image degradation and I liked that much better. I believe I paid over $400 for that 1.4x extender.

Yes I have both the 2x and 1.4x Tamrons, which are the Kenko Pro equivalents. I noticed that the 1.4x does not degrade the image and the 2x does a little.

My very old page testing the converters with film is here and to me shows that the 1.4x is indeed no handicap.

Oh, and I realise my boo-boo with IBIS, I should have set it to the indicated mm and not some stupid thing that I did, maybe it will work better then. Options for me have to be 180 for lens alone, or 180 x 1.4 = 252, or 180 x 2 = 360 as the only things I should use.

Your tripod comments are interesting, when the sun shines again I will try various delays on my heavy Manfrotto tripod and also a lightweight Velbon and see where that leads me.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow