macbook pro with retina?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Questions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,880Gear list
Like?
Re: macbook pro with retina?
In reply to Timothy Hans, Apr 5, 2013

Timothy Hans wrote:

I'm debating purchasing a macbook pro with retina display to replace my sony vaio hd for work with lightroom 4 - is it worth the extra $$ for an apple product?

I do not own Sony computer but I do have a 2012 model MacBook pro 15 inch with Ratina, coming from a Lenovo ThinkPad W510 and Dell, I would probably never go back to PC (both laptop and desktop), on paper my two PC laptop are not much behind the MacBook, actually my Dell even has more memory and both with same generation/spec i5 CPU, but the Macbook in real world runs so much better with LR4, and on top of processing speed, it hasn't crashed even once since last August when I first picked it up, these day I don't even bother to turn it off, just close the lid and let it go to sleep and next day just flip it up and it will go wake up right away, and I would be really happy if I only need to force quit hard reboot my Lenovo less than once a month.

With that being said, I think that MBP Ratina worth every penny, not to mention how much more smoother that is when playing HD video files from my D800 and 5D2 files on the MBP. And I replaced my Lenovo desktop in Jan with the new 2013 iMac 27' and loaded up with 32GB RAM and 2GB video RAM and it works great too. I didn't miss my PC for a second, I also like the Mac OS a lot better than Windows, much simpler and easier to work with, all the magic mouse and magic pad stuffs makes it so much faster to work with, now I am just waiting for the new generation 27 inch Anti-Glare stand alone Apple monitor to come out so I can go back to the dual monitor set up, kind of painful to work with just one after so used to 2 and 3 monitors, I have been using 2 at home and 3 at work.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow