Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nukunukoo
Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: I adore my X20
In reply to 2eyesee, Apr 5, 2013

2eyesee wrote:

Lmendy wrote:

I also have the Sony X100, which has slightly better native image quality, but is not nearly as intuitive a camera or nearly as fun to shoot as the X20.

After my first experience with the X20, I reduced NR to -2 and raised sharpness to +1.  I have no problem with auto WB and everything looks fine so far.  I let the camera pick the af point in single, but if I do not like what it picks, I move the camera and this seems to be best for accuracy.

The above image shows awful noise noise at ISO320. Much of the image does look out of focus, but that does explain the noise and the foreground area in the 100% crop below does look in focus - just terribly noisy:

I agree. At pixel-level, the in-camera sharpening messes up the otherwise good shot. While this is not uncommon to small sensor cams, the JPEG render here is quite lower than average.

Nukunukoo's gear list:Nukunukoo's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow