D7100 - I need help solving the "green shadows" in skin tones problem

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,879
Like?
Re: Still green
In reply to Mako2011, Apr 5, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

Glad you figured it out. Still a color space issue though in many ways. If you post pictures in AdobeRGB on the web...then those that are not viewing them with a browser or software that has color-management support...will be seeing "green" as you did. Does your web-IT business do it's publishing on the web in AdobeRGB as well? If so, then many potential clients might see your home page in "green" and walk away

Good Luck, and thanks greatly for correcting the folks at the camera shop.

Btw, many folks won't see your post here because you wrote below the signature block and many here have "hide signature" enabled. Another little thing that can be a barrier to effective communication.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Hi Mako:

Regarding our web-IT business and handling images, we primarily design and build custom content management systems where the graphics are not nearly as critical as online display of portraits, plus we almost always use stock photos purchased from a few suppliers, so colour has never really been an issue. However, we do have very stringent quality control and always closely examine all our websites and both platorms in various monitors, browers, and now on all the major hand-held devices. This is actually the first time I personally am producing portrait images.

When I was first setting up the camera and came across the color space menu item I quickly looked it up in the D7100 manual and near the top of page 227 read "Adobe RGB has a wider color gamut and is recommended for images that that will be extensively processed or retouched after leaving the camera." Soi I thought, well I plan on processing these image in Adobe Photoshop so I guess I need this setting. Nope, wrong setting.

This morning as I was reading through everyone's responses and trying the various suggestions that didn't require me to still have the camera, I tried the suggestion to convert (not assign) the color space from Adobe RGB (aRGB) to sRGB. Whatever changes that might have made, I of course could see it because my Chrome browser problem was still unresolved.

Please know that I love learning and trying to find solution so I will be applying all the suggestions and information posted in this thread. Even though the problem turned to be the browser and am aware that all the other colour management variables and issues are crucial as well.

Thanks,

Rudy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow