FoolyCooly
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Re: Contituation of the Versatility thread
In reply to olliess, Apr 5, 2013

olliess wrote:

FoolyCooly wrote:

olliess wrote:

The OM-D is exceptional for its slightly smaller sensor size, but it doesn't quite match (for example) the same-generation NEX-6 and D7000, which at $900 are both cheaper than the OM-D at $1000. (Not to mention entry-level DSLRs like the D3200, which are at a much lower price point).

My E-PL5 shares the same sensor as the OM-D. I paid $400 for it new but retail street price is $550-$600.

... DSLRs in the $1000 price range have pentraprism OVFs, usually with 100% coverage.

What about the $600 price range?

For $600 you can get a DSLR with a cramped OVF or an E-PL5 with no viewfinder at all.

That DSLR is will also have issues with front focusing and back focusing or left side/right side AF issues where I will have none. There is no need for AF Micro Adjustment on a mirrorless system... yet I seem to have to add some compensation for each DSLR and lens combo I own.

An OVF is not needed on the E-PL5 because it's so lite. Holding it 10" from your face for an hour is no problem at all. Try the same with any DSLR and kit lens and tell me you don't get the shakes or that it just doesn't feel odd.

FoolyCooly's gear list:FoolyCooly's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow