Displaying 17x22 prints

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
cortlander1
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: Displaying 17x22 prints
In reply to Hugowolf, Apr 5, 2013

Hugowolf wrote:

You can rotate framed prints. Change them out periodically. Metal frames with spring steal clips make this easy to accomplish. If you go for better quality wooden frames, then all you need is a framing point driver:
http://www.framingsupplies.com/Fletcher/FletcherPointDriver.htm

My father in-law used a couple of display easels, with a stack of matted and backed, but unframed prints on each. He would put the top one to the back every few days. And, if you wanted, you could easily flip through them. There are lots of designs:
http://www.dickblick.com/buy/category/display-easel

And while we are there, you may want to consider 17 x 25 inch paper. It is a much better ratio for most things. It gives you a 16 x 24 inch (2:3 ratio) image with 1/2 inch borders all round. 13 x 19 inch paper does the same for a 12 x 18 inch print.

Brian A

Brian, rotating framed prints was one of the first thoughts that came to my mind, but I did not know enough to judge if it was practical. I have been reading your informative posts in this forum and do value your opinion. So, as you have suggested, I will start with a few metal frames. I would need matte and backing and tape or corners along with the frame, right?

17x25 paper would be ideal and I do not understand why Epson does not have a selection like they do for 17x22. I saw Red River has some, but none seemed exciting. Do you have any suggestions, and are profiles for these available?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

cortlander

cortlander1's gear list:cortlander1's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow