Is it worth it to install playmemories ?

Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
erringtont
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it worth it to install playmemories ?
In reply to Yezariael, Apr 5, 2013

Yezariael wrote:

pmow wrote:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but does the computer app do something better than the mobile ones?

When once connected via USB to your computer and playmemories (only 1 time necessary to connect the cam and the computer) you are able to send the pictures on the cam over wireless directly to your computer (there's a menu "send to computer" on your camera settings in view mode). So I don't have to take the SD card out and put it into a reader. It's the only thing Playmemories is good for in my eyes

With the app on the camera you can use it as wireless trigger, it's something completely different.

Just be aware that the transfer is very, very slow and only into the Playmemories application. I tried it once transferring about 50 raw shots. It worked, but then you still need to import to LR or what ever other workflow environment you use. I'll continue to use my card reader.

erringtont's gear list:erringtont's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow