Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paris1968
Regular MemberPosts: 303
Like?
D800 Updating Help Needed!
Apr 5, 2013

I cannot seem to get the firmware updated on my D800e, and I cannot figure out why.  Maybe someone here can help.

I downloaded the D800e file from the Nikon website, and it is marked D800e. I assume from that that I have the correct firmware for my camera. I opened the file and it produced a .bin file which I copied onto a 5G CF card.  I charged up the battery completely. I put the card into the camera and navigated to the "Firmware" menu.  A screen comes up that asks do I want to update the a & b files to 1.01 amd 1.02.  So from that I assume the .bin file on the Cf card has been recognized. I then get a screen that asks UPDATE!  y/n.  I highlight Y, press the button and nothing happens.

I tried different CF cards.  I tried downloading the file again.  I tried downloading the update on a different computer.  Everytime, I get the same result, and it just hangs up on the screen UPDATE -Yes. What am I doing wrong?

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow