Biggs23
Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,616Gear list
Like?
Re: Contituation of the Versatility thread
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 5, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

All FF cameras of the same generation as the mirrorless cameras you're speaking of are better at focusing in low light, IME. Older FF cameras are a different story, sure.

I have a 9+ year old camera that can focus in complete darkness.

To be pedantic, no it can't, but I understand your point. Nonetheless, compare your NEX with a good FF dSLR of the same generation and the FF will focus more accurately and more consistently in low light. (-1EV or worse)

I'd have to disagree. High ISO images from same generation FF dSLRs tend to be better than their mirrorless counterparts.

So, it is lack of mirror that is causing trouble at high ISO? I wonder if that applies to Sony RX1.

Nope, it's sensor size and the technology camera makers have used.

What does a 5D MKIII or D800 cost. I said price range.

Price range isn't related to versatility.

Price is related to purchase decision to have versatility. With unlimited budget, I wouldn't care about versatility out of a single camera body.

Right, but that's an important distinction. We're not discussing the choice of versatility, we're discussing versatility itself.

I've done this. I'm generally far more baffled by smaller cameras than larger ones. For me P&S cameras tend to be the most difficult by far. Than bridge cameras, then mirrorless, then dSLR.

The super control panel on my E-PL5 is so intuitive. Everything is right there. It only takes a second to change most commonly used functions.

The same can be said of good dSLR's, and more.

Nope.

Yep.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow