printing rip for IMAC

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,012Gear list
Like?
Re: Sharpening tools, not RIP
In reply to Kevin G., Apr 5, 2013

From what I can glean from several years of forum members talking about Qimage, the positives all seem to fall into these categories.  Easy and flexible setups for multiple images on a sheet of paper, an advanced "frequency" dependent sharpening algorithm, and built in "up-rezing".  The only thing that current, modern image processing programs on the Mac don't have, is the specific sharpening algorithm used by Qimage.  Unfortunately, the developer of Qimage absolutely will not develop a Mac version, despite many, many requests to do so.  So... what to do.  As suggested before, simply running the software in a virtual machine, using something like Fusion or Parallels would do the job, although it adds complexity to your system install, and a few more things to learn, maintain. So I think it would be worthwhile for you to try nik Sharpener Pro or a similar plugin.

It might be worthwhile for you to describe your workflow on a typical image from start to finish so that we could recommend a rational workflow using a sharpening algorithm.  By the way, the latest version of Photoshop has better multi-image print setup, and does a great job of up-rezzing.  Also, LR or Aperture have much easier and better ways to create different image formats for printing.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}
www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow