Suggested settings for greatest shots at beautiful little temp amusement park?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ronfab1
Regular MemberPosts: 413
Like?
Re: Suggested settings for greatest shots at beautiful little temp amusement park?
In reply to ronfab1, Apr 5, 2013

OK I finally had a chance to go through a lot of pictures I shot 6 evenings ago at this little carnival and touch them up.  I was really hustling with all three cameras with 3 trips around the park.   First my Sony A77 starting at dusk with a Minolta 28-135mm "secret handshake" (my most favorite lens), then the Panny GH3 with the 35-100mm F/2.8 (SWEET) and finally my NEX 5N which was only hand held with the 18-55mm lens.   The A77 and GH3 got use of my light weight tripod used as a mono pod, which indeed was a big help.  But as it just turned out, I got most of the nicest motion shots hand held with the NEX 5N.  The large ferris wheel, also, was having a problem and not running most of the time I was there.    Since the topic was about "shooting" colors and playing with slow exposures for "tracing" at night at a "carnival" I am going to go ahead and include several of my favorites from the A77 and NEX 5N as well and will label them as such.  The very 1st 8 shots below are from the GH3.
and hope to do it again some time.  I hope you like some of them.  This is the very first "group" of pictures I have ever posted anywhere on the internet, with only one single photo of a city skyline prior to that here at DPREVIEW in the Sony Alpha section.   SORRY my copy and loading process here on the forum page appears to have a few missing and the copy is split up, maybe because of paragraphs.  I hope the gallery is OK.  Also they are not in the order I selected, so any without a camera label in the copy are GH3.

I did enjoy this a lot
 and are great to work with for ordering prints and custom books & such?  Quality of the prints?upload quickly I have a good number I like a lot now taken with these 3 cameras which are my first serious digital equipment, over the past 2 years and will be joining a Shutterfly or a Flickr one of these days soon.  Any favorites any of you please might recommend of those type of sites that I posted these all at roughly 1080P so they wouldn't take so long.  Not sure what the ideal size would have been. Thanks again so much for the tips!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow