Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
themaverick
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Newbie questions. looking at Panny G5? Please help me out
Apr 5, 2013

thank you for reading. I have been going crazy here. I am a real newbie and novice when it comes to cameras, in fact, I probably should still be using a point and shoot.. anyways, I currently have a canon t3i that I purchased last year. I have two lenses, the 18-55 and 55-250 kit lenses. I purchasd last year so that I can take pics of my daughter playing soccer. problem is, the camera is way to big for me to be lugging around, it has sat in the same spot for three months now as I do not take it anywhere with me due to the size, I did take it to take her soccer pics but that was it, its collecting dust as I hate the size of it. I want to learn to properly use it and take out of auto mode but whats the point of having a camera if im not comfortable with the size of it..

which now brings me here, I have been throwing around the idea of the panny G5. I found great deals online that come with the two kit lenses. the G5 seems like it is much smaller/lighter then my current dslr but should also take good soccer pics during the bright daylight. my current canon was a sweet deal, and I can probably get back most of the money that I put into it, I certinaly can get back more then I can find the G5 for.  how does the G5 compare to my current dslr? will being smaller fit the bill for me? is it easy to learn on? will it still take decent soccer pictures during day light? like I said, I don't use the canon because of the big bulky size...

my last question, once again as im a real newbie and dumb with this, is I have read that the kit 14-42mm lens is not very good that came with the G5. im really not sure what its limits are or if I will notice it as a beginner, but I have read that they have since started to send out the G5 with a new updated lens for the past month or so? is this true? im in the states so im not sure if that makes a difference or not.. how do I know which lens im getting? im ordering the camera from HSN...thanks for all the help.....

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow