R3000 problems and - no end in sight

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,041
Like?
Re: Rambling on about R3000
In reply to lilredss, Apr 5, 2013

lilredss wrote:

It appears that our problem may be a lot more common the we thought.  Everyone passes it off as a cleaning problem.  Everyone on here had us cleaning everything in the printer. I know that I had the cleanest printer on the planet when I got done.

Same thing when I called Epson, as soon as I said black ink on photo it was a cleaning problem and nothing else.  I told them it was coming out of the head and it was still a cleaning problem.

How many printers do they get back with this problem and thinking it is a cleaning problem, they clean them and then print one good photo and ship them out.  I know that on my printer if I let it sit for 4 or 5 days it would print good for the 1st 2 or 3 photos but after that it was back to the black lines until I let it set for 3 or 4 days again.

Like I said I'm just rambling on.  My new 3880 is suppose to be deliver  today and that will probably bring a whole new set of problems with it. While I'm here I've got a question for you guys.  Does the 3880 have a catch bottle for the waste ink when you clean the head, etc. ?

Bob

LOL! Catch Bottle?

No the PRO line has Maintenance Tanks that are chipped and are user replaceable.

The 3880 ones are about $18 to $23 depending here you get them from.

The only problem I've read about with the 3880 is pizza wheel marks on certain papers.

Look in the forum search.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow