Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonathanj
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?
Another new Nikon 1 V1 user...
Apr 5, 2013

For a couple of months I've had my eye on the new 10-100mm lens as a substitute for the equivalent 18-200mm lens on my Samsung NX20, which is not that sharp, and quite heavy for travel. What I really want is to pair the 10-100 with the V2, but given the price difference between the V2 and the V1 on fire sale, I decided I couldn't justify it. So although I haven't yet bought the 10-100 I decided to pick up the V1 with kit lens before the stocks run out.

So far, I'm liking it - the ergonomics in terms of controls are pretty awful, but I knew that before I bought it and plan to use the camera only in program or shutter control mode, so I won't spend a whole lot of time delving into the controls. I also plan to use it only in good light, so the high ISO performance and lack of a flash don't bother me either.

The autofocus is really impressive. The image quality is more than decent. The camera is small and light. There really isn't anything to complain about for the price!

Earlier in the week I had to drive out of the city for work, and took the camera with me. Here are some shots I took on the way.

jonathanj's gear list:jonathanj's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +3 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow