Are the constant aperture Panasonic lenses worth it (and are you wating for Olympus?)

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,598
Like?
Re: Very depressing
In reply to Jorginho, Apr 5, 2013

Jorginho wrote:

Well, I know Marty a little and he is not defensive at all. Instead of pointing at others, reread what you wrote first and than try to understand how that comes across to others. That is what I find so many times "I don't understand it" means "that person is stupid, shortsightened, bad, evil etc". Just try to understand others, I know it is much more difficult to do than judge them.

I don't own any of those two lenses, I am not defensive towards mFTs and see its shortcoming etc but I agree with Marty that what you write is simply not very realistic for the reasons he gave. That is all.

What you want is what Marty described and it is not possible for the reasons he gave.

I realise you mean well, but you're guilty of not following your own advice about reading what is written. You're making wild assumptions about 'what I want" to suit your own agenda/pov.

I know what I wrote, it's there for all to see, in the subject of my first post.

"No, not quite"

And in the body:

"The 35-100 measured bit weak at 100/F2.8 (see lensrentls measurements)

The scores are by no means Bad, and by F/4 both are performing very well, so they are both excellent lenses. But for premium glass, I feel they should be performing a bit better wide open, and therefore are both a bit overpriced."

But by the time you guys get hold of it, "It's totally unrealistic, ridiculous perfectionism..." for me to want...:

"for premium glass, I feel they should be performing a bit better wide open"

• not quite
  • a bit better wide open

That's all. No magic, no physical laws left in shreds.

You're in a public space, with your words sealed for history. I literally have no idea why you guys feel you can twist and change others opinions to suit your current motives, and think the people reading will be blind to it. Did I miss the sign at the forum entrance say "please check-in all rationality here, it will be returned when you leave".

-Najinsky

Indeed, look at the 35-100 f2 Oly lens. Now for m43s it can be made a bit smaller, but not much. It won't sell all too well probably, because it defeats the purpose of the system for too many people, let alone the steep price. Now if there comes a 43/m43 hybrid body (rumoured) that does do PDAF exceptionally well they can use that lens and smaller lenses on hopefully a compact but ergonomically sane body, so you can pay 2400 dollar and have that fantastic lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow