Started Apr 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shiroa
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Sony Nex-5n + Voigtlander Nokton 40mm 1.4 SC is a-m-a-z-i-n-g
Apr 5, 2013

I know there are a lot of Voigtlander threads around but not much on how SC and MC differs. I have just got the lens last week and only yesterday that I was able to play with it. Took a 100-ish photos and some of them really caught my eye.

The detail this lens captures is just fenomenal. I tried the summicron 35f2 once and yes it is on another league but this for less than USD500 is enough to get my passion to photography burning again.

On to the SC vs MC argument, I personally had a chance to try my friend's MC version and both renders similar results, but once you switch to B&W mode the SC really does shine. It captures better shadow detail and has better dynamic range. Some may think that the SC is better for B&W and MC is better for color, I'd say it is probably correct when you're using film/analogue cameras, but when you use it on digital camera like the Sony Nex, you will want to have better dynamic range and shadow detail because you can manage the saturation and contrast in the camera.

Here's some taste (from my facebook, left the highres ones at home):

Photos taken in Beachwalk Mall, Kuta - Bali

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow