If you already have the 85 1.4D would you trade 'down' for the 1.8G + cash for other lenses?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
SharpGlass
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Re: If you already have the 85 1.4D would you trade 'down' for the 1.8G + cash for other lenses?
In reply to joejack951, Apr 5, 2013

Yes, you are correct in that the 85 f1.4D does not have dust and weather sealing just remembered that after I posted and forgot to go back to change what i wrote. 

The 85 f1.4D is the only lens I have ever owned that came with a metal hood, unfortunately its a nuisance to carry around bc its not a reversable bayonet type hood so its only used in the studio, a real shame. I find the hood very handy for backlit portraits and shooting into the sun to reduce flare/ghosting and to improve contrast, not to mention to protect the front element from accidental damage.  I have searched for a non nikon hood but came up empty handed.

-- hide signature --

Increasing vision is increasingly expensive. – R. A. Janek (actually Michael Crichton)

SharpGlass's gear list:SharpGlass's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow