If you already have the 85 1.4D would you trade 'down' for the 1.8G + cash for other lenses?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
SharpGlass Junior Member • Posts: 43
Re: If you already have the 85 1.4D would you trade 'down' for the 1.8G + cash for other lenses?

Yes, you are correct in that the 85 f1.4D does not have dust and weather sealing just remembered that after I posted and forgot to go back to change what i wrote. 

The 85 f1.4D is the only lens I have ever owned that came with a metal hood, unfortunately its a nuisance to carry around bc its not a reversable bayonet type hood so its only used in the studio, a real shame. I find the hood very handy for backlit portraits and shooting into the sun to reduce flare/ghosting and to improve contrast, not to mention to protect the front element from accidental damage.  I have searched for a non nikon hood but came up empty handed.

-- hide signature --

Increasing vision is increasingly expensive. – R. A. Janek (actually Michael Crichton)

SharpGlass's gear list:SharpGlass's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow