Just a few comments on the recent forum controversy...

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
marcio_napoli
Contributing MemberPosts: 782
Like?
It's LEICA forum, isn't it?
In reply to BSweeney, Apr 5, 2013

I agree with the OP.

I'm that kind of guy that has nowhere else to talk about photography other than DP Review, as I have no friends that enjoy photography as much as I do.

So I lurk on all forums, without exception. Even the Canon forum attracts me (I'm a Nikon guy).

Of all forums, this one attracts me the most, mainly because I love Leica gear.

If I just wanted to look at images produced by any other camera, I would just lurk everywhere else, like I've always did.

If I want to see the Foveon magic (TM), I just go to the Sigma forum. Simple.

If I just want to see images (regardless of camera), there's virtually all other places in the world for that (magazines, books, internet, movies!, etc).

So why do I come here?

To see Leica gear being used. Simple as that.

If we just accept everything from every other maker, then why do we need a LEICA forum ?

Just to give an example:

I shoot with my Phase One and Nikon gear.

But I don't post all that much in the Nikon forum, as that's a tedious and mean forum most of the time.

I don't post my digital medium format stuff anywhere in DP Review, because there is no digital MF forum.

So if I have no home, can I post on the Leica forum and just be welcomed? Of course not, because I have no Leica gear.

I do post here occasionally, I do... but it's just about general photography and Leica talk, with no images from my cameras.

Again, because it's a Leica forum.

Just my 2 cents

-- hide signature --

Marcio Napoli

www.marcionapoli.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow