Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
j.m.young
Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
Re: Hand-holding the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 II near 300mm
In reply to Martin.au, Apr 4, 2013

Mjankor wrote:

j.m.young wrote:

Would my photos be considered hand held? I have both lenses, old and new version and almost always use the lens handheld...i think. Do I really use it hand held as I don't carry a tripod but about 90 percent of the time I find something to prop the camera with. If I have to I will lay right down in the dirt and have my elbows on the ground  or use a fence or telephone pole maybe a tree anyway you all get the picture. Granted not as good as a tripod  but it gives me a good success rate. Would my photos be considered hand held?

http://scallawags.net/Mtn%20Bluebird.jpg

I don't know how far away this bird was but it was a rare bird for my area so the photo was taken for id purposes not to frame and display. The forum has been changed around so i don't know it the photo or link will even show up. But I love the lens because I can grab a photo long distance.

It doesn't really matter does it? I'd describe them as handheld.

You can possibly find out how far away the bird was in the photo exif. I've noticed on some lenses - including the new 75-300 - the focus distance is included in the exif.

Thanks I will check the exif for distance.

j.m.young's gear list:j.m.young's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow