Just how crappy is the 16-50 kit lens? Test vs 17mm prime & 11-16 Tokina

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,996
Like?
invalid point
In reply to captura, Apr 4, 2013

:-Dcaptura wrote:

I wouldn't mind a 1650 myself for it's convenience, but I have other lenses if I want to shoot wide or shoot quality. The average mall shopper will buy a NEX plus crappy lens like the 1650 and regret it later, or may buy another brand altogether...that is my point.

I can't agree more.

I suspect that some people here do not even own E16-50, but talking about as if they had used it a lot. I think, that it is almost a masterpiece of such a small 16-50mm APS-C zoom! No other manufacturer has been able to do similar lens yet.

Don't talk about E18-55. It's just very common clumsy basic zoom. You can't compare it to a fine piece of glass like E16-50. It is something special.The perfect companion to small NEX cameras. E18-55 is not such a lens, has never been In fact, E18-55 is too comical sight with NEX. A DSLR size zoom with mirrorless camera...And just average optical performance! Huh...Even tiny E16-50 can do better pictures. And I KNOW that - from experience.

-- hide signature --

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tidis/AAikomus.jpg
- Ari Aikomus -
'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow