Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richj20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,815
Like?
First trip with the Panasonic 45-150mm
Apr 4, 2013

I've had this lens for about a month, and just now had a chance to use it away from home.  I spent about 2 weeks in the Sequoia National Forest, California, up along the Kern River - North Fork. My goal with this lens was to find as many different types of scenes as possible to see how it would respond.

The lens balances very well on the Panasonic G3. The zooming action is damped nicely. The lens is a pleasure to use.

I hiked along some of the tributaries that feed into the Kern River. This one, Brush Creek, is near Johnsondale, north of Kernville, in the Sequoia National Forest. Spring has not yet shown its spectacular colors, and the brownish-wintry look of dormant grasses has special beauty all its own.

Late March is very early Spring up there, and I was anxious to see what was beginning to bloom.
The Fiddleneck -- named for the violin's neck shape of the plant -- is an early bloomer in the Sierras.

Fiddleneck, Amsinckia sp.

Emerging flower pods are always beautiful.

Milkweed,  Asclepias speciosas

This sparrow blended in with leaves of a similar color:

The popular California Poppy

Golden Poppy, Eschscholzia californica

One of the Cherry species in the area

Chokecherry,  Prunus sp.

Roots of Willows and a few other species turn reddish-brown in water. Here, a small stream flowing into a lake on a Ranch in the Sequoia National Forest.

Kids enjoying an outing on this lake.

California Gray Squirrels are all over the area.

Wrangler on the Ranch

Kayak enthusiast on the Kern River

Many species of Lichen are found on rocks and trees up here.

The entire collection is Here

- Richard

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow