>>>> Street Photography eXchange ..where is it? Locked

Started Apr 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
bosjohn21
Senior MemberPosts: 4,306
Re: I am confused
In reply to solveproblems, Apr 4, 2013

Ok forgive my inserting my self here but My goodness gracious me I left here a year or so ago and the street thread was a vibrant alive and wonderful place and now I find this sad sorry state of affairs sigh so you missed me hehehhee;

The art of being a moderator is best achieved by doing as little as possible. In forums where free exchanges of ideas is the norm less is better when it comes to moderation. All threads have a life expectancy and almost all disagreements and other problems work themselves out if left alone. Too much moderating stiffles spontinaitey and limits debats in some very unexpected ways. Also remember rules are guidlines and in real life as here on the froum no rule can possibly be perfect.

Also most so called rule infringments can be cleared up with a simple one on one communication between the moderator and alleged rule breaker.

Finally the moderators should remember they are imposing their interpertaion of rules and a different moderator may see the rules differently.

bottom line here is as above Less moderation works far better than more.

As for we posters it is of course our responsibility to know what the rules are. And make every effort to live within them.

I find it very hard to believe this state of affairs cannot be put behind and get on with the street thread.

PS don't let the new nick bosjohn21 fool you its still the same old bosjohn

and HI all I have missed you.

John aka bosjohn21

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow