Started Apr 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeyDigs
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
70-200 f4 is this a good choice for me ??? search for a light wieght telphoto
Apr 4, 2013

I'm looking for some guidance , the new 70-200 f4 has gotten very good reviews.  I have two D7000 bodies,I have a nikon 70-200 2.8 vr  which I know is a top telephoto , its the vr not vr11 but still its pro quality.  Its heavy and I am looking for a light weight option in addition to this lens.  I have the kit lens 55-200 vr afs Its cheap and light and I have gotten good results , but I was looking for another lens that's top quality but light weight and easy to carry .  I use these for shooting at horse shows , equestrian show jumping photography .  I have been reading and before I slap down $1400.00 I want to be sure .  I have read that the Nikon 70-300 vr is a step up from the 55-200 vr and its also cheap enough .  I have also been reading about the sigma 70-200 2.8 os and the new tamron 70-200 2.8 vc  my concern is that they will also be heavy .  Id like to find an all plastic high quality option.

I also have the 18-55 vr afs kit lens , love it .   and the 35mm 1.8 Dx which I haven't used much, but its reviews are excellent .  interested in feedback and comments

-- hide signature --

MikeyDigs

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow