Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tomas36
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Are we sure about D7100/D7000 ISO performance
Apr 4, 2013

I'm thinking a lot about this lately. Now, all technical improvements of D7100 opposed to d7000 aside, there's this high ISO dilemma. Ever so often I see that members of this forum list D7100's high ISO performance as one of the key advantages over D7000. I'm looking at the same test photos as everybody else, and frankly - I just don't see it that way. What I see is that D7000 produces less noisier images, especially in what is to my opinion the most critical area - that between ISO 1600 and 3200. Are we sure about this? What's your take on it?
Now, I'm asking this because I'm still split between decisions here. I'm kind of guy that is always behind the curve when it comes to buying cameras. I bought D50 when D80 was announced. Then I bought D300s after D7000 was already out, and now I'm having my mind set to get D7000 as soon as D7100 drives its price a bit down. My logic is that when a camera costs less than it's worth just before it gets discontinued and that it cost way more than it's worth after it has been just announced. At least for my purposes. I really don't need 24 MP, as I get whatever I need with 12 MP. I'm very comfortable about my technique and ability to use the most of my auto-focus system. Even with 5 points of my D50, so I assume that I will be perfectly happy with D7000's 39 points. Being RAW shooter and extensively knowledgeable about post processing in PS, small differences in IQ these different sensors produce don't deprive me of any sleep. So I was happy in a way to learn that D7000 produce cleaner high ISO images, which is exactly what i need. But I'm just confused with other opinions here.
Post an opinion if you have one, I want to hear from you...

Nikon D300S Nikon D50 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow