Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
orchidblooms
Senior MemberPosts: 1,162
Like?
Re: d800e - and now Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar in my hands
In reply to Ben Raven, Apr 4, 2013

Ben Raven wrote:

Thanks orchidblooms !

Great shots, great lens, and true to your moniker -- magnificent blooms !

How would you compare the new 135 to your 100 Makro: Performance (specifically and predominantly), but also to a lesser extent handling, focusability (new word) etc.

If you could only have one of them, (the position I am in at the moment, for use w/D800E) which would you choose ? If macro capability were not an issue, would your choice be the same ?

I have used the 100 and am enamored of its capability and "magic", but have been waiting for the 135 before pulling any trigger.

Of course, I realize that they are both stellar lenses, and being a lifelong Zeiss owner, my expectations of the new 135 are very high, as is my own hands-on opinion of the 100.

Thanks again.

still running this thru the paces

yesterday i was using this with the pn-11 tube...

all in all - this is easier to focus - is brighter - colors are amazing

unless you are doing repro work or architecture - hands down order the new 135 as soon as you can - i am rendering lovely images with this that do not need much fiddling with in pp

i am still noticing that 'bright' relative to dark areas in live view are just sort of blobs in the screen...  seems worse with this lens -when viewed on  monitor there are no hot spots...

shooting thru the DK-17 - seems easier as well - long focus throw ... helps

i think this may be best lens on the planet for your d800's

p.

-- hide signature --

Phillip "Iggy" Murphy http://phillipmurphy.com
ILM Sandra Murphy - "The Orchid Lady" http://orchidblooms.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow