<<<<< Challenge 206 - The Circle OF Life >>>>>

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
CollBaxter
Forum ProPosts: 12,438Gear list
Like?
Re: Collin,
In reply to MercurySoft1, Apr 4, 2013

MercurySoft1 wrote:

Recycling was a great idea!  I have been gone from here a few days, yes I miss you all.  I need to get checking on those new entries in comp gallery.  By now your recycle shot might be in there!

We went on a little drive yesterday evening.  I was surprised how late the sun was still out and I got a few photos, hopefully one that will work for entering.

We're planning a summer trip too.  Finally I found a house sitter!  Last year our vacation was cut short because of my pity for the cats and Billy.  Now I've found some 17 year old twins who will actually stay at our house for 2 weeks.  It will be great knowing they have someone around here so they don't feel abandoned.

We're going 1,083 miles from home, driving it.  I'm very excited and I will probably be working on the photos for the next 5 years.  It's going to be fun as Michael will be going with us too. If he's naughty I'll just leave him on the side of the road like I did my kids.  (not really I'd never do that to my kids, just don't tell Michael).  LOL

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Ieeesh I went to the recycling bin for some material but I remember it was emptied yesterday. I have some other thoughts tough and will have to drink the beer to get empty beer bottles.

Yep it always a problem with house sitters. I have my brother staying over at night. I have a home office son my son-in law /partner will be here during the day. As to your trip , Yep a nice long trip like that is great (Going nowhere slowly.) We are doing about a 6,000 km (3728.227 miles) round trip. We have a rule were we don't travel more than 500km in a day otherwise you come back needing a rest and miss everything we also have three 2  day stop overs and a 3 day stop over.

As to the car thing and kids . I cant remember how many times my Dad stopped and said he would go on until we behaved ourselves. With our kids I had a bit of tape down the center line in the back dividing the seat. I then used to get the "Dad he/she is putting his feet on my side". I then stopped the car. Ieeeeeesh Kids.

I hope you enjoy your trip.  As you can imagine there is much excitement here ( Only 3 more sleeps.)  I have packed all the camera bags ( 3 of them ) and still need a bag for the overflow like chargers etc. Fortunately we have one of these inclosed trailers so the tripods and other junk will be going in there.

Will try to get the stuff done before I go.

-- hide signature --

Collin
(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
http://collinbaxter.zenfolio.com/
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter/image/95297052.jpg

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow