Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeepit
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
a99 & Lack of FF lenses
Apr 4, 2013

Still trying to decide if I want to go FF or not.  Looking at the Sony lens catalog I noticed that there are many more crop sensor lenses than FF.  I realize that the old Minolta film lenses will work on the A99, but they were designed for film, not digital sensors.

The Sony DT and G lenses are not made for FF...so for me, that's not an option to use on the A99.  If I spend all that $ on a FF camera I want to get the best out of it that's available. Putting a crop lens on it does not get the best or use the full extent of the camera.

So from what I currently see FF lenses aren't in an abundance as compared to all the other lenses.  How are the FF shooters compensating for this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeepit's gear list:Jeepit's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +7 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SONYNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow