Over/underexposure not shown in OM-D EVF??

Started Apr 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pavinder
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Over/underexposure not shown in OM-D EVF??
Apr 4, 2013

Just coming to grips with all the menu options on my OM-D EM-5, trying to test as much as possible during my 10 day return policy (it's a second hand camera body).
Thanks to all the posters on the various OM-D setup threads - really valuable information and tips.
However there's one problem I seem to be having, but maybe I've just got a setting wrong somewhere…

In M mode:
Changing shutter speed or aperture is reflected visually in both the LCD and the EVF.  The image becomes darker or lighter (Live Boost is turned off).
Also, the Exp.Comp. level meter indicates how many stops under/overexposure the current settings will give.

In S mode:
Changing shutter speed is NOT reflected visually in either the LCD or the EVF. I realize this is the normal way it functions from reading other threads.
Now, if the shutter speed is changed to the point that over or underexposure will occur (i.e. beyond the aperture's possible range), the aperture number will start blinking in the LCD, but NOT in the EVF.

Why does the aperture value not blink in the EVF?  This makes no sense to me at all.  Without this, there is no indication in the EVF of any under or overexposure.  Have I simply got a setting wrong somewhere?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.  I only have a couple of days left on the store's exchange policy so need to know if there's a problem very soon!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow